Each year, SADD National raises funds at our national conference which help support college scholarships for SADD students, each in the amount of $500, to students enrolled or committed to enroll full-time in an accredited 2-year or 4-year college and who demonstrate a commitment to SADD’s mission. The scholarships will be awarded on merit and may be paid either directly to the school or to the applicant. This year, ten scholarships ($500 each) are available.
All applications will be reviewed by an impartial committee comprised of members of the SADD National staff and the SADD National Student Leadership Council. The decision of the committee will be final. Winners will be announced at the SADD National Conference June 28 – July 1, 2015, in Nashville, TN. Applicants need not be present to win. Following the selection process, an email notification will be sent to all applicants.
The applicant must be:
- Entering his or her freshman year of college in fall 2015
- Enrolled or committed to enroll full-time in an accredited college or university (two- or four-year program) during the 2015-2016 academic year
- Dedicated to living the SADD lifestyle (i.e., safe and substance-free under 21)
- A legal resident of the United States
- Participating in a currently-registered SADD chapter (All chapters must register each school year - if your chapter doesn’t have a Certificate of Chapter Recognition dated July 1, 2014 or later, your chapter must register at www.sadd.org/chapterreg.htm prior to submitting a scholarship application. If you have any questions about your chapter’s registration status, please contact Nicole Cheschi at SADD National at 1-877-SADD-INC (723-3462), extension 222 or email@example.com. Registration is free and easy.)
Members of the SADD National Student Leadership Council are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Application Form
- Two Applicant Recommendations (typed and electronic submissions preferred)
- Completed by SADD advisors, teachers, clergy, supervisors, or employers (someone other than a family member)
- Personal Statement about your commitment to SADD
- Activity Summary
- Download the application and recommendation forms at www.sadd.org/scholarship.htm. Type directly into the application on your computer, and save it with your name in the document title.
- Email the recommendation form to the two people who will be recommending you. Ask them to type directly into the application on their computer, save it, and email it back to you. If possible, copy-and-paste the two recommendations into your application at the bottom so you’re only submitting one electronic file.
- Applicants must submit one electronic copy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 P.M. EST, Friday, April 17, 2015. In the alternative, applicants may send one original and one photocopy of the entire application by mail postmarked no later than Friday, April 17, 2015. Electronic submission is greatly preferred.
- All elements of the application must be attached to one email or mailed in one envelope.
• Extra materials will not be considered.
All guidelines must be adhered to in order to be considered eligible.
- The scholarship money may be paid directly to the applicant or sent to the school on the applicant’s behalf.
- The scholarship may not be deferred or renewed.
- Award winners will be required to provide proof of matriculation and appropriate identification information upon award notification.
- Award winners must agree to provide a high resolution head and shoulders photo and participate in limited publicity initiatives by SADD.
All application materials should be sent to the SADD National office via email to email@example.com and received no later than 11:59 P.M. EST, Friday, April 17, 2015, or mailed to the address below and postmarked by Friday, April 17, 2015.
SADD College Scholarship
255 Main Street, Suite 208
Marlborough, MA 01752
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-SADD-INC, x222.
Ready to apply? Click below to download the application forms.
Back to top