Signs of stress
- Disrupted sleep patterns
- High blood pressure
- Loss of appetite
- Low self-esteem
- Difficulty paying attention
Don't let stress control your life - learn how to cope with it in positive ways. Pinpoint the stressors in your life and deal with them head on.
- Meditate: close your eyes, breathe deeply, and concentrate on one positive thought.
- Talk about what's bothering you - don't hold it inside.
- Learn how to manage your time, and don't forget to make time for yourself.
- Make healthy eating choices.
- Get enough sleep. Try to get 8.5 to 9 hours each night.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid caffeine, cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol.
- Exercise. Getting exercise helps rid your body of the extra stress and energy it has stored.
- Relax. Make time for fun and laughter. Let the little things go.
Back to top
Back to Issues page